Senior Software Developer / Architect - Java / J2EE - DoD
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Senior Software Developer / Architect - Java / J2EE - DoD to join our team in Reston, VA, to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
As a Software Solution Architect, you will work within a project team on an application modernization project to help transform an application, written in an older/legacy language (GNU C) into modern Java.
- Hands-on development in the completion of technical spikes/proof-of-concept work
- Working hands-on with code analysis tools that support migration/understanding of legacy code.
- Experience with legacy © and modern technologies (Java, microservices, SOA)
- Collaborating with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications
- Using tools and methodologies to create representations for functions and user interface of desired product
- Developing high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
- Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to development team
- Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
- Current Hands on Java experience, ideally in microservices but SOA services minimum
- Strong UI and backend services (Preferably in Angularis / Nodejs / Modern UI Coding Practices)
- Experience with integrating and managing DB technologies
- Has had development experience in inter-application protocol levels (TCP-IP, SSH, other API service levels
- DevOps Experience in Open Source tooling required (JIRA, GitHub, Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience in diverse SDLC: Waterfall, Agile, RUP, etc.
- Experience in current Data Object Repositories technologies: MongoDB, Cassandra, Postgres, etc.
- Experience using J2EE Frameworks - Spring
- Experience with legacy technology (IBM-Informix a plus)
- Database application development.
- Development using Eclipse IDE
- Team role and solo roles
- DOD 8570 Certified (Security +)
- Naval Messaging experience (a plus)
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum of 8 years of experience of related experience or equivalent blend of education and experience.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.