The Strategic Value of Organizing Your Job Search
If you find it hard to keep track of your job search progress and history, consider using a site dedicated to job search organization. Doing so allows you to keep your job search information all in one place.
If you don’t like the idea of extra work, the good news is that these sites do most of the work for you and keep it as simple as possible.
What are the benefits to organizing your job search?
- Keep track of your applied jobs history – the exact job title, company, and dates you applied to a job
- Keep track of the status of your job applications – how long it’s been since applying to the job
- Set reminders for scheduled interviews
- Save your job searches and apply to an interesting job at a later time
- File for unemployment benefits easily with proof that you’ve been job searching
- Jot down any notes you’d like to remember for the job application
StartWire, a free job search organization tool, does all of the above and also comes with additional free tools, such as:
- Tracker – a smart browser plug-in that saves the jobs you’ve viewed and applied for at leading job search sites
- Express Apply Jobs – jobs that require no applications and take 60 seconds to apply
- Automatic Status Updates – Have they received your application? Is the job still open? Get your questions answered with status updates.
Don’t underestimate the strategic value of clean organization in your job search!